Friday, May 30, 2008

Wolf's Burn, Landour

I am now at home in Wolf's Burn, a guest house which is an easy 10 minute walk from the Language School. Classes are going well and my Hindi is coming along slowly but surely. Everything else is a hike down the mountain besides four little shops called Char Dukan (which aptly means four shops in Hindi).

The house in the Himalayan mist, Wolf's Burn.

The most amazing lightning storm I've seen. It even rained inside!


Landour Bazar

The Mall, Mussoorie

The Mall, Mussoorie

Fruit and vegitable dukan perched on on the cliff, Landour Bazar.

Landour Bazar

6 comments:

Katie Mast said...

Gosh, those pictures are beautiful! I always love it when you post new stories and photos!!

Laura Ann said...

the lightening foto is "striking" - very nice Shetler - you are a fotógrafo extraordinario :)

Joe Shetler said...

the mall picture that has the watermelons in the lower right.... nice.

Caroline said...

Hi Dan,
Your pictures of Landour/Mussoorie are very enticing! I found your post after searching for Wolf's Burn.
After some research Wolf's Burn has come out top of my list of cottage options whilst studying at LLS. I will be going this Oct-Dec. I am looking for: economical cottage - a nice, simple, atmospheric place to be and good value. After your time there did you find any other options? I prefer a cottage to be independent. How did Wolf's Burn fair?
I am going to LLS to study Urdu. I heard of a language study option in Hyderabad (a place, I see, you also know well). So, if you know of any other language schools in India that might be suitable. I'd love to hear.

Thank you & all the best,
Caroline
email: carolinewatson0103@yahoo.co.uk

Unknown said...

Dan, do you have a contact email for Wolf's Burn?

Unknown said...

Immu's contact for Wolf's Burn accommodation:
Landline: +91 1352631440
Mobile: +91 9837 934 847
Email: immu96@hotmail.com (there seems to be something wrong with her email, which I'll try to look into, so phone is best - mobile during the day and landline at night.