Friday, February 8, 2008

Safe Arrival in Tanzania

I left Chicago in a snowstorm two days ago (give or take some time zones) and I am now with my parents in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in humid, 82 degrees F weather. Personaly I like the change. The flights went well and I even got to take the tube into London to see Buckingham Palace and walk around a bit during my layover.
Buckingham Palace



With my parents in Dar es Salaam

After having tea and walking around the neighborhood, here in Dar, we went up to the University to meet the SST students for lunch and a lecture. I am now back with my parents catching up, exchanging stories and fighting jet lag with lots of caffine. It's wonderful to be home again and see my parents before setting off on this three year adventure.


3 comments:

Laura Ann said...

I'm glad you got there safely!! Have a great time with your family!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're going to live in India for three years! Good luck with your travels and all that - can't wait to come visit.

hognala said...

glad to hear that you made it off of our cold continent :)