Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back home in India

I made is safely back to India, for all of you who were worried. I'm currently in Kolkata and will be flying to the Andamans tomorrow to start work again. It was lovely being back in the States to see family, friends and of course my brothers wedding. But it is also nice to be back here and I'm looking forward to getting to work and reconnecting with friends on the Andamans.

Earthquakes: You may have heard news about 4 earthquakes off the coast of the Andaman islands two days ago (one up to 6.2 which was 7o miles from Port Blair) and the subsequent tsunami warning. Although it made people on the island nervous, little damage was caused. There seems to be more seismic activity in the area then usual (there have been 25 tremors in the last 3 months).

*I'll also make an effort to update my blog more often so yo
u will be rewarded for your effort and we can rebuild that Pavlovian response to check my blog:)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh good. I stopped by your parents' house and they told me you made it to India but that was all they had heard. It's nice to actually hear from you. And more blog posts are always a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Well it's good to see you are alive and well. I was wondering what you had been up to for the past however long it's been since you updated your blog!
I made your blog one of my homepage tabs and it was a little boring there for a while ;) so keep blogging! It was good to hear from you again.