Wednesday, January 23, 2008

MCC Orientation

I am at MCC orientation in Akron Pennsylvania so this journey must have officially begun. Last Wednesday I drove to Chicago to see if I could move my visa process along by actually going to the Indian Consulate. Although I got to talk to the head Consular and was able to fine out what documentation was still needed we are still waiting for the visa.

After spending a wonderful time with friends in Chicago I flew to Pennsylvania this Monday. I got in very late due to major flight delays. Despite being a little tired from getting in late and waking up early for breakfast I soon started to get to know the other people being oriented, who have turned out to be an amazing group of people. Four hours of playing Rook late into the night might have also helped in the getting to know each other process.

MCC Orientation

Job Description:
As far as I know now I will be working on the Andaman Islands, which are part of India, for the next three years. I will be working with EHA (Emanuel Hospital Association) doing tsunami relief. We will be working to restore clean water to parts of the islands that were affected by the 2004 tsunami.

No comments: